May 2, 2015

Slainte - An Irish Blessing To You!

A Gaelic Irish Blessing that my hubby and I pass along to you from our recent trip to Chicago. This page was so much fun to do and is done only with the Plantin cart. We are in a town called Barrington in the Northwest suburbs at  a new Irish Pub call McGonigals having a wonderful dinner with family and friends. Slainte' to you!
I used new paper I just got at Michaels's the In My Minds Eye Home paper stack, I love the texture and it cut like butter. The glitter pages did need to be cut 2 times. The gold tulle I picked up for less than $1 and this is the second project I have used it on this week and haven't even used half of it.
I backed the circle with the tulle, tacked down and then applied glue once I had a smooth fit.
I put together the little flowers and after the page was completed I used diamond sticles on the flower tips.
I hand cut the plume from the paper to use as an accent.
'Sláinte chuig na fir, agus go mairfidh na mná go deo.'
Health to the men, and may the women live forever!
Then I used pop dots to lift the plume for added dimension. Added the flowers.
And as you can see the heading faded into the background so I then used pearlized chalk to deepen the color.
Added a few beads from the bridal section that added the bling needed with the stickles. Added one of my had made butterflies from a few months back and 'viola  the page is done.
I hope you enjoyed today's project, it is a simple one that any of you can do!
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Thank you for your sweet words of encouragement. Your comments continue to inspire me.
signature

4 comments:

Krafthead said...

I love the layers of the pattern papers! Very lovely~

Boopster said...

Beautiful papers. The plume cut out is a great idea. The whole arrangement comes together so nicely!

Dianne said...

Beautifulo card. Love the plume. Where did you find that. Would love to cut that our. Hope you had a great dinner in Barrington, Il.

Dianne Bell - Sewpro02@aol.com

Michele said...

Beautiful and fun!