May 4, 2015

Personalized Mother's Day Tea Towel

Hello and Happy May!  I am happy to be a Designer at She's A Sassy Lady today!

May is my favorite month!!  It is the beginning of baseball, my birthday and Mother's Day.  Lori here from ScrappinMyStressAway with a fun Mother's Day project today.

Most of you know that I have an in-home daycare.  I have the same kids for 5 years, so I try to do something different for Mother's Day every year.  This year I bought a Heat Press and decided to make some very special personalized tea towels.
I had each of my children 2 and up color a picture with a marker.  I scanned the picture on my printer and put it on a Silhouette virtual mat.
I traced the image and then made a mirror copy of it.  The heat transfer vinyl carrier sheet stays in one piece so the vinyl goes on your mat shiny side (carrier) down.
I sized the images to be around 5 inches wide and put them on my mat.

I cut them out of black Heat Transfer Vinyl.  I use the setting for smooth heat transfer vinyl and added a double cut.
I used my poker tool to weed the extra vinyl pieces out.
I pulled off the rest of the extra vinyl.
I pressed the tea towels for 3 seconds and then I folded the towel and pressed again for 3 seconds.

I placed the vinyl design on the center panel and pressed for 15 seconds.  I flipped the towel over and pressed an additional 15 seconds.
The towel is ready!!!

Thank you Sheila for having me over today!!  Happy Mother's Day to all of my mother, step-mother and like a mother friends!!!

2 comments:

Boopster said...

Impressive idea and a very thoughtful gift for all your daycare moms. Happy Mother's Day Lori!

Krafthead said...

What an awesome idea this is!!